- ships with Firefox 26.0 which needs some tweaking to be fingerperfect. Had to do the following:
- Disable Unity desktop integration (2.4.6 in my case) to get rid of the annoying « Your browser does not support OpenSearch search plugins. » on mycroftproject.com
- After cleaning the profile, (re)installed the following extensions: CoLT 2.6.1 (replacing Make Link 11.03), Tab Focus 1.0.8 (to focus on tab when hovering) & InstaClick 2.1 (to have right button behave as middle button on laptop) and Media Hint 0.1.13.1 (to access Pandora while travelling)
browser.backspace_actionto 3, because that’s the way I like it
- Updated manually Adobe Flash player (up to latest Linux-compatible version which is currently: 188.8.131.521) to stop the annoying popup « this plugin is vulnerable and should be updated ».
- go to Adobe – Install Adobe Flash Player
- chose «
.tar.gz for other Linux» from the drop down list and click «
- open the downloaded file (should be
install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz) with archive manager and extract the file
/home/your_username/.mozilla/plugins/). If file already exists, overwrite.
- See also all posts on insatlling 13.04 on a EeePC 4G.