The dream is not to become upper-middle-class, with its different food, family, and friendship patterns; the dream is to live in your own class milieu, where you feel comfortable — just with more money.
- Understand That Working Class Means Middle Class, Not Poor
- Understand Working-Class Resentment of the Poor
- Understand How Class Divisions Have Translated into Geography
- If You Want to Connect with White Working-Class Voters, Place Economics at the Center
- Avoid the Temptation to Write Off Blue-Collar Resentment as Racism
What So Many People Don’t Get About the U.S. Working Class, Joan C. Williams, Harvard Business Review, Nov 2016.