The only meaningful statistic in warfare is when the other side quits.
Karl Marlantes – What It Is Like To Go To War – p 119.
Not very far from:
– “There are no ‘mitigating circumstances’ when it comes to rebellion against a liege lord.” [Yoshi Toranaga]
– “Unless you win.” [John Blackthorne]
James Clavell – Shogun – p 199.
If you wait until you’re fully prepared to do something, you’ll never do it because you’ll never be fully prepared.
Very few machine tool and precision tool manufacturers started out in the business of machine tools or precision tools.
- Starrett realized the need for a better square while building his vegetable hashers.
- Pratt and Whitney started as a job-shop in a rented room.
- Bridgeport started with a hedge clipper which failed to sell due to the Great Depression.
- Brown and Sharpe began after David Brown failed to make a go of repairing clocks.
John Paulding, machine shop owner from Southern Illinois
It is 10 times more secure to use « this is fun » as your password, than « J4fS<2«
See also « Crypto Haiku« , at The Secret Life of Passwords – NYTimes.com
Scott Rumschlag is a builder. Who earned two engineering degrees from UM, a BSE & MEng in Civil Engineering, before discovering his aversion to office work, and switching to carpentry. One of those US « remodeling, repair and home improvement contractor » (his words), who can do (nearly) anything out of wood.
While running a 2-men job specialized in bath and kitchen remodeling, he designed and build (over several years of trial & error) an amazing rotating expandable table. Check the Backstory.
Reminds of Matthias Wandel.
[profiled on Hackaday]
Sizing chart, courtesy Running Warehouse
Based on shoefitr, available at Univers Running
…le temps consacré à la construction proprement dite est toujours une fraction du temps travaillé. [U]un jour il faudra l’écrire en rouge et en travers, surligné sur la page de couverture de tous les ouvrages d’auto-construction…
projetfranceville – Frogmobile