Following my reflexion on a wp cheat sheet (pissed off by the dissapearance of nuclearmoose’s wp-layout explained for dummies), I stumbled on the following:
- Secrets of WP Theming (part 2, part 3)
- WP Themes: 1.5 theme cheat-sheet
- 1.5 theme cheat-sheet is really a « build yourself a 1.5 WP Theme » step-by-step guide (via)
- Dissection of a WordPress theme (part 2, part 3, part 4) by UrbanGiraffe, who also wrote Installing WordPress on your own Windows computer
- LaughingLizard (Mark Ghosh) of Weblog Tool Collection has quite a lot of articles on WP Themes ressources, Plugins, Hacks & design (speaking of WTC, it can’t hurt to check his bloglist [scroll down to My daily reads]
Mr WordPress, I have a question…
Q: When viewing the entries through either of these links, all linked words in the blog become inactive. However, when you use the « previous / next entries » buttons, the links are intact. Help me – please! Thanks!
A: Your archives and categories are showing the posts as excerpts which is sort of a « stripped down » version of your post (no tags, no links). You can see the posts ending « too early » with […] which means the viewer should continue reading on the post’s individual page.
If you want the posts to show normally, replace
the_content()in your Archive template (notice that the template is quite complex, so there are several
the_excerpt‘s in there, for different versions of archives (yearly, monthly, author-ly….))
Search time 3″. Courtsy WP Codex
Done, tested, checked, works !
article Backing up your database at WordPress Codex
The WP reference centre (looking for root atthe404)
- WordPress Planet (via) « a site which aggregates posts from many of the most active folks in the WordPress community, making it easier to follow WordPress related news from one source » [x]
- Sortable Nicer Archives for WordPress
- How do I get WordPress to generate links to the thumbnail of an uploaded picture?